One World Government.. Of 6 Year Olds
I am an Australian teacher who teaches debate to 6 year old Chinese kids.
To say the least, it’s a very unique education experience (for me as much as for the kids).
China isn’t open at all to their kids learning too many crazy outside ideas, so a lot of religious and political ideologies are off limits.
You may wonder why 6 year olds are learning debate at all, but if you do, you may be very surprised to see the education system as a whole. Students as young as 5 are taking classes in English, Math, and lots of other subjects.
Education here is serious, and it starts young. The more education a Chinese student can fit into their week, the happier their parents are. This often results with kids attending a combination of school and learning centres 7 days a week.
The Global Law
In today’s debate, the students were asked to write new laws for the entire world.
I wanted to know how a group of Chinese 6 year olds would run the world if given the opportunity.
Below is the official new list of laws for the entire world.
- No unapproved lights may be used at night in an effort to stop light pollution
- Global cigarette ban. No exceptions
- Everyone must eat crab for every meal to stop crab overpopulation
- No littering
- Only 100% recyclable materials may be used in every facet of industry. If it can’t be recycled, it can’t be made
- No shouting in the subway. Spoken tones only.
- No spitting your gum on the street
- No more wars. Period.
- No more felling tree’s anywhere in the world
- No eating loudly
- Citizens must report any criminal activity they witness or be penalised for the crime they didn’t report
- No picking your nose
- No spitting
- If you’re sick you must wear a mask
- No biting your fingernails
- People must go to the bathroom if they want to sneeze
- Coffee should be free for foreign visitors to China because they drink it so much
- Higher salaries for teachers
- All students should be given meat in their school provided meals
- No adults can work later than 7pm at their jobs. They must come home earlier to their families.
So what do you think? Could you see yourself following these new laws? Are there any you especially support?
Let me know.. and have a wonderful weekend!